I have over 20 years’ experience in software architecture, integration, and development. I have management experience, and I am comfortable working on large-scale solutions.
Highly competent in a wide variety of development technologies, my skills include .Net, C#, and SQL Server.
I actively seek opportunities to improve systems, to inspire technical excellence, and to foster a productive and supportive working environment.
Above all, I take delight in adding value to my clients’ business.
Some of my work and achievements to date include:
- Managed a team of developers involved in migrating an e-retailer’s business to a new software platform (2022-2023)
- Chief proponent and architect for microservices in a large NHS Trust. This involved a radical change to the way we integrated 3rd-party applications, and a re-structure of our bespoke applications. This approach enabled us to solve multiple problems that were previously unassailable (2020-2022).
- My team won the “Pride of Portsmouth: Working Together as One Team Award” based on our work with Agile development practices (2019)
- Lead Developer for a bespoke eForms engine (2016-2018)
- I was a core member of the team responsible for the architecture and implementation of a bespoke integration platform that delivered ~ 9,000,000 updates / month (2011-2019)
- Lead Developer for a mid-sized web-based application used to manage repairs to ~23,000 houses and other assets owned by Portsmouth City Council (2009-2010)
- Lead Developer for the Portsmouth City Council Intranet (2007)
- Spearheaded various Agile practices for Portsmouth City Council. Demonstrated their benefits for both customers and developers (2007-2011)
- Lead Developer for a suite of tools that manage the preparation of 150,000+ letters / year. Annual cost savings for the Portsmouth City Council’s Revenues and Benefits department were ~£25,000 (2006)
- Helped my company’s IT Service achieve national recognition for customer service. The Society of IT Management rated Portsmouth City Council top out of the 12 English unitary councils. I was a key member of the team within the organisation that achieved by far the highest scores (2003)
- Designed and developed a hot-desk / desktop management suite. This enabled my client to reduce accommodation costs whilst increasing the reliability and flexibility of their IT systems (2001-2004)
- Managed the installation of an Internet café / training centre for a local community group, including budget management (2003)