Specializing in .Net and SQL Server, I craft software systems that are usable, maintainable and valued by my customers.
With over 20 years’ professional experience delivering technical solutions, I thrive on challenges that require keen analytical skill, robust problem solving, and innovation.
My achievements to date include:
- Lead Developer for an eForms engine (2016-2018)
- Worked on the architecture and implementation of a bespoke integration platform that delivers ~ 9,000,000 updates / month (2011-onging)
- Lead Developer for a mid-sized web-based application used to manage repairs to ~23,000 houses and other assets owned by Portsmouth City Council (2009-2010)
- Lead Developer for the Portsmouth City Council Intranet (2007)
- Championed various Agile practices to Portsmouth City Council, demonstrating their benefits for both customers and developers (2007-2011)
- Lead Developer for a suite of tools that manage the preparation of 150,000+ letters / year for Portsmouth City Council’s Revenues and Benefits department. Providing annual cost savings of ~£25,000 (2006)
- Helped my company’s IT Service achieve national recognition for customer service. The Society of IT Management rated Portsmouth City Council top out of the 12 English unitary councils. Within PCC, the team of which I was a key member achieved by far the highest scores (2003)
- Designed and developed a hot-desking / desktop management suite that enabled my client to reduce accommodation costs whilst increasing the reliability and flexibility of their IT systems (2001-2004)
- Managed the installation of an Internet café / training centre for a local community group, with a budget of £30,000 (2003)