I have 15+ years professional development experience, backed by a solid grounding in general IT service provision.
I am competent at every stage of the development lifecycle: requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, support, training, maintenance, etc.
I have developed a wide variety of applications for desktop, web, and mobile.
I have a particular aptitude for architecting large-scale systems, and have extensive integration experience, both in a healthcare setting and elsewhere.
My core technical programming skills are .Net, C# and SQL Server, but I have also used many other languages and platforms. Some of the technologies in which I am proficient include:
- .Net Programming: .Net Framework, C#, VB.Net
- Systems Integration: BizTalk, XML, JSON, HL7, Integration Patterns
- Systems Architecture: Microservices, SOLID Principles, Design Patterns, OOP
- Web Services: WCF, REST
- Database Development: Design, SQL Server, T-SQL, Performance Tuning, SSIS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Development Tools: TFS, Source Control, Visual Studio
- Testing: Integration Testing, Unit Testing, MSTest, NUnit, Jasmine
- Agile Methodologies: SCRUM, Lean Software Development
- Delivery: CICD processes, source control strategies
In addition to these, I have recent training in InterSystems Health Connect (aka Ensemble), and I hold foundational certification in ITIL and PRINCE2.
I value business benefit over technical wizardry, and have particular strengths in:
- Communication: I establish beneficial working partnerships with clients, suppliers, colleges and others stakeholders. I can express complex ideas clearly both in writing and in person
- Customer Service: I have a reputation for providing well-engineered systems that meet real customer needs
- Flexibility: I have provided a diversity of IT services to a wide range of clients in Local Government, the Education sector, in Healthcare, to voluntary groups and to commercial enterprises
- Strategic Thinking: Able to see beyond the technical aspects of my role, I pursue the long-term success of both my customers and my team
- Self-Managed, able to work on my own initiative, independently and without supervision
- Capable under pressure in a technically challenging and rapidly changing environment
- Analytical, having the ability to synthesize information in order to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems.
- Passionate about quality whilst being pragmatic about outcomes